Monday 15 February 2010

RANSOMES CRAWLER

Way back, when I used to spend my summer holidays with my grandparents in deepest darkest Essex, some of the smallholders used beautiful little tank-like tractors called Ransomes Crawlers. As I remember they were low to the ground, they had caterpillar type tracks, and they were painted red and green. If you think... sort of Meccano come Dinky Toy, with just a little bit of 1944 military tank thrown in for good measure... then you will have it about right. But anyway, Ive got a feeling that the best way to sort my heavy moving,digging and dragging activities would be to get such a machine.
Is there anyone out there who can help?

1 comment:

  1. Well... heres a thing. After all that thinking about Ransomes Crawlers, I decided in the end to get a Wrigleys Tractor Cart.Its an amazingly wonderful machine... a sort of cross between a wheelbarrow, an icecream float, and a Heath Robinson Machine. In action... I turn on the fuel, pul a cord, sit in a metal seat and then off.. its amazing!
    Is there anyone out there who can tell me more about this 1950's chariot?

    ReplyDelete